This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

General MSI

2 replies to this topic

nhandn

nhandn
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:01

Hello Everyone,

I create an installer package including setup.exe, msi database file, and others (I don't want to merge them into one executable file). When user launches the msi file directly, my own warning message in STANDARD_USE_SETUPEXE property in Property Manager table displays, but after closing this message, the Windows Installer dialog containing the message “Preparing to install …” still displays.

Could anyone show me a way to close the Windows Installer dialog and exit setup as normal case? Thanks in advance!

Nhan

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:14

If you create a launch condition you should be OK. Another possibility is including a Custom Action type 19 in the sequences (with proper conditions, of course).

You can find examples in most MSI files, eg try opening an Office MSI in Orca.

nhandn

nhandn
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 03:03

Thanks for your quick response, Zweitze.

I acutally don't have more experience in the custom action, could you give me an example or more details? or you could show me examples of MSI files?

Thanks again.
Nhan