This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Mobile Device

6 replies to this topic

Ioana

Ioana
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:12

Hello,
I have a question concerning InstallShield Profesional 11 product.
I would like to make an installer for an application on a mobile device that uses Windows Ce 4.2 Base, using only the device memory card.
Do you think that IS Pro 11 can help me?
If not, is there any other product that could help me?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:52

Yes, I think this should work, but I'm not experianced in smart device installations. I'd highly recommend you download the evaluation version. It's free and full functional for two weeks.

Ioana

Ioana
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:16

Hello
And thanx for your answer.
Actually I am already evaluating this kit: I made a simple installer for smart devices but it didn't work: so I wanted to be sure if is something wrong I am doing.

Thank you.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:27

What are the symptoms? How does it fail?

Ioana

Ioana
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:53

I copied the simple installer on a MMC, and inserted into the device; I was expecting for the installer to start, but "Installation files not found..." appeared. The device uses Windows CE 4.2 core
I also tested it on a Pocket PC and it worked.

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 14:17

Please contact InstallShield support (http://support.insta...d.com/eservice/) with this problem. While you are evaluating the product you are entitled to free support.

Ioana

Ioana
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 14:24

Thank you.