This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Prevention of popup during silent installation

2 replies to this topic

mohansundar123#

mohansundar123#
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:58

Dear members,

I have created a basic msi installer.

I have made the following setting to prevent upgrade confirmation popup during silent installation.

Upgrade view -> Minor/Major upgrade settings -> option 2: Don't prompt but continue upgade.

It is working fine in silent installation.

But now i am not able to get Later version error when i try to install over higher versions. The setup does not show any prompt nor does it responses.

When i click the msi it throws the following error.
"Another version of the product is installed. please uninstall it through add/remove programs and then install this version"

Is there any other option to prevent upgrade popup during silent installation?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 13:10

The update prompt is handled by InstallShield's setup.exe and therefore controlled by the settings in your project. Setup.exe displays the prompt (or not, depending on the setting) and then passes the appropriate command line parameter to msiexec.

The "other version" message however is displayed by the Windows Installer engine when launched without command line parameters, i.e. by double clicking the .msi file. It is diplayed for any other version, higher or lower.

Do you get the update confirmation when you start setup.exe with the /s switch for silent mode?

mohansundar123#

mohansundar123#
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:47

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2009-12-10 13:10)
The update prompt is handled by InstallShield's setup.exe and therefore controlled by the settings in your project. Setup.exe displays the prompt (or not, depending on the setting) and then passes the appropriate command line parameter to msiexec.

The "other version" message however is displayed by the Windows Installer engine when launched without command line parameters, i.e. by double clicking the .msi file. It is diplayed for any other version, higher or lower.

Do you get the update confirmation when you start setup.exe with the /s switch for silent mode?

Sorry sir,
Upgrade prompt does not get displayed in silent mode.Sorry for inconvenience