This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

INSERT query on WiRunSQL.vbs

2 replies to this topic

eelisdotnet

eelisdotnet
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 13:43

Hi

I'm trying to insert a new record into the ControlEvent. The query goes like:
"INSERT INTO `ControlEvent` (`Dialog_`,`Control_`,`Event`,`Argument`,`Condition`,`Ordering`) VALUES ('EulaForm','NextButton','NewDialog','[EulaForm_Inst_NextArgs]','EulaForm_Inst_NextArgs<>"" AND Installed',2)"

The problem comes in the condition value (EulaForm_Inst_NextArgs<>"" AND Installed). The value entered to the MSI table is: EulaForm_Inst_NextArgs<> AND Installed (without the empty string ""), which is a conditional string error.

How can I escape this and insert the empty string("")? been trying all kind of variations with no success.

Thanks in advance!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:08

One possible escape format is like CHAR(72) but you'd have to look up the correct ASCII code yourself. However in your case there's an easier workaround because an empty string is "false". So the following two are equivalent:

SomeString=""
Not SomeString

and thus your condition

EulaForm_Inst_NextArgs<>"" AND Installed

could be changed to simply

EulaForm_Inst_NextArgs AND Installed

eelisdotnet

eelisdotnet
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:11

Thanks Stefan!

I just managed to run it correctly using the Database.OpenView(insert query..) and View.Execute. seems to work just fine.

Cheers!