This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Run from InstallScripts

4 replies to this topic

thundercat

thundercat
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:09

I've createad a custom action to run another msi silently with some parameters passed. Can I call this new custom action from within my InstallScript? If can, how? Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:47

There are no "custom actions" in pure InstallScript projects, only in MSI. Which project type are you really using: "InstallScritp MSI", "Basic MSI" or "InstallScript"

thundercat

thundercat
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:13

Dear Mr Krueger,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am now using "Basic MSI". My apology for not clarifying that at the beginning as I am still new to InstallShield. I've create a Nested Installation, using msiexec to silently install my child installation and placing the Installation sequence below the user Interface after CostFinalize. The child installation was successful.

However, my uninstallation had problems. I placed my child uninstall msiexec sequence under the execute icon below InstallValidate with the condition REMOVE="ALL". During the uninstall process, the Windows Installer prompted me that "Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install.".

How should I proceed with the child uninstall? You advise is deeply appreciated. Thank you and best regards.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 15:46

Moving question to Basic MSI forum

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 15:48

As a general rule: don't nest MSI installs. Use a launcher exe (or a InstallScript project) to run the msi files in a row.