This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Move files!

3 replies to this topic

masterjonte

masterjonte
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:04

Hi!
I have a problem. Is it possible to move files after checking a regKey value (path) and move files to that directory during installation? Do I have to build a customAction for this task? (I am using WISE 7.0)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 18:59

I'm not familiar with Wise so I can't tell you the steps in the Wise IDE, but you would have to:
- populate the AppSearch and RegLocator tables to read the registry entry (make sure the AppSearch action is included in your sequences) and store the value in a property
- use the property as DestFolder in the MoveFile table.

masterjonte

masterjonte
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 23:13

Hi again thanks for the tip. This is one way of doing it? I make a reg search and find out that the path exists and save it in a property MyPath. Then after the "standard action" CostFinalize I run a custom action named "Set Directory" for the feature. All dirs and files are set to that path and it works smile.gif Magic

It works but I dont know if it's the best way to go...

But now to question number 2: Is it possible to hide those files if the registry path does not exist? If the path not exists I do not want to set any path to the feature (Dirs, files). (hidden files or hidden features is it possible?)

unsure.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 00:02

"Set Property" before CostFinalize might be better than "Set Directory" after CostFinalize. The end result should be the same. Read here for more information: http://blogs.msdn.co.../14/631025.aspx

You can add a condition to those features so that their level will be 0 if the entry isn't found. This will make them invisible and will not install them.