This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSI properties not set when distributed

1 reply to this topic

hrms

hrms
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 14:10

I created a MSI setup using InstallShield. When I invoke it out of an InstallScript project or out of a shell using the '/passive' option, then all properties I specified are set correctly.

A customer is now trying to install the MSI using NetInstall. When he specifies the same properties in NetInstall they are not taken by my MSI.

Does anybody know what is different when using a tool like NetInstall (different silent mode?) and how to make it possible (ideally in InstallShield 2010) that the properties are also set correctly when installing that way?

Thanks for any advice!

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:24

My instinct would be that your package has actions in the UI sequence which are not set to run in the Execute sequence.

However, you mention that the client is setting properties. He presumably knows about the difference between public and private properties and isn't trying to set private ones on the command line?
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.