This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Copy folder from installation CD to client machine

3 replies to this topic

Anamika

Anamika
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 13:23

I have developed an application in php and I want to create a setup through installshield which will execute two exe's which themselves install two separate software in a given sequence and then copy folders from installation cd to users machine at specified location.

Main aim is to give user a series of steps to install php, mysql and to copy the php application files on the client machine so that the entire process in invisible to user.

Is there any way of doing this???
Solution urgently required.

Thanks

rmadassery77

rmadassery77
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 18:48

In the InstallShield project you can use the CreateFolder and MoveFile/DuplicateFile tables to create folders and copy files. The MSI SDK docs will give info on the usage of these tables.
Rajiv Madassery
Galway Scripting Center
Digital GlobalSoft Ltd.
(Subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard Company)

Anamika

Anamika
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 08:00

thx

Can you tell me any way to do this through installshield express 2.11.

Actually I am installing apache during installation and what is desired is that at the end of my installation ,the application folder containing php and asp files should be copied from the CD into apache/htdocs folder on users machine.

Is it possible to use CreateFolder and MoveFile/DuplicateFile tables from installshield express???

thx in advance

rmadassery77

rmadassery77
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 20:03

am not familiar with express. soln works for developer. i thk u can do it if you get the tables.since u r copying from CD to local m/c you can populate tables as
Directory
APACHE, ProgramFilesFolder, Apache
HTDOCS, APACHE, htdocs

CreateFolder
APACHE, MYINSTALLABLECOMPONENT
HTDOCS, MYINSTALLABLECOMPONENT

DuplicateFile
key1, MYINSTALLABLECOMPONENT, MYFILE1,<blank>,HTDOCS

Alternatively, this vbs logic also

Dim fso, f1, f2, s
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set f1 = fso.CreateTextFile("c:\testfile.txt", True)
' Copy the file to \temp.
f2.Copy ("c:\temp\testfile.txt")

Rajiv Madassery
Galway Scripting Center
Digital GlobalSoft Ltd.
(Subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard Company)