This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to generate exe logs in installscript projects? /debuglog not work

4 replies to this topic

logesh

logesh
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:58

hi,

I have generated an exe with install-script project and the exe is digitally signed ,when i tried installing exe in windows 10 machine nothing happens after i had agreed yes in UAC prompt. I have tried generating log file with /debuglog command in different machines wih exe's generated from IS12,IS16,IS18 and the result was not an error nor an output file.

setup.exe /a /debuglog"D:\test.log"

so, there is any other way to debug this issue? :). Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Logesh Elangovan

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:58

debuglog only works for Basic MSI and InstallScript MSI projects, not for InstallScript projects (without MSI).

In InstallScript projects, you can sue the debugger from the Project menu.

logesh

logesh
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 11:32

Thanks for the answer Stefan Krueger, but the debugger could be sued only on machine which has IDE and my use case is Like i have generated the exe and rolled out for the release.

A user with windows - 10 machine experience an error that Nothing happens after the exe is invoked.

I have checked for guid under uninstall key of registry , installation information directory and i cannot find any traces of my product and also we have disabled antivirus and windows defender in the client machine.

Apart from all these any other way to debug and generate log file in the client machine for the exe? . Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Logesh

Edited by logesh, 10 December 2018 - 11:34.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 18:41

Maybe try this. Just lobbing you the link, I don't have time to look at it right now. Remember that you can pass msiexec.exe command lines using the /V switch.

Edited by Glytzhkof, 20 December 2018 - 18:47.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:23

If I understand the original poster correctly, this is an InstallScript project, so no msiexec.exe involved.