This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

silent install mutiple disks

6 replies to this topic

dtasanas

dtasanas
  • Full Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 18:52

how do you make silent install work when your install spans multiple disks?

i have a working setup.iss and the silent install works for disk1 but when the install looks for disk2 it errors and ends.

Don Tasanasanta[br]Configuration/Installation Eng

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:13

How do you notify the user to swap disks if your setup is running in silent mode? I think that just can't work. Silent mode is for unattended installs, so there's noone there to swap disks.

dtasanas

dtasanas
  • Full Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 21:49

ok so no silent mode.

now i'm working on creating a somewhat silent mode where i bypass any UI screens and go straight to the progress bar.

the problem here is passing in some sort of property that i can use in the UI script to tell it to not show any command windows.

is there any way of sending information from the command line to the UI Sequence? i've already tried the obvious by passing a property but i've noticed that the property does not get populated in the UI sequence.

are there any tricks that i can try in order to tell the dialogs in the UI sequence not to show but still show the progress bar and the prompts for the next disk?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:27

You would have to evaluate this property in your script code (OnFirstUIBefore)

dtasanas

dtasanas
  • Full Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 23:48

i am running

setup /v"PROPERTY1=value"

and then to a MessageBox ("PROPERTY1=" + PROPERTY1, INFORMATION) in OnFirstUIBefore to evaluate PROPERTY1 and it comes up blank.

am i doing something wrong?

i see PROPERTY1 being set in the log file so i know that it is being read in but it is not making it to the UI sequence.

Edited by dtasanas, 24 September 2007 - 23:59.

dtasanas

dtasanas
  • Full Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 18:29

i figured out a solution...

i coudn't get /v to work for setting parameters but i got /z to pass a string and then parsed it.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 12:16

Call MsiGetProperty to get the value of a property.