This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Multiple .net framework installation.

9 replies to this topic

photon318

photon318
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 10:55

Hi all.

can anybody help me to resolve following situation.
when i'm installing with IS11.5 my application this requres 1.1 and 2.0 frameworks.
but in RELEASE settings of project i can specify only one verion of framework.

is there any way to setup both frameworks at same time?

Thanks.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:44

Build a custom prerequisite to install the other version, or both versions.

fredrik.strom

fredrik.strom
  • Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:35

Hi Stefan

Were can i find information about building a custom prerequisite?

Regards F

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 16:50

Tools > Prerequisite Editor

fredrik.strom

fredrik.strom
  • Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:45

thx

Do you know if it is possible to have a file as argument to the application? A program i want as prerequisite needs a file used when running in silent mode.

Regars F

LrngToFly

LrngToFly
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 17:57

Thanks again Steve- I also need to install .Net 1.1 and 2.0.

I'm also wanting to install a hotfix for .Net 1.1 SP1 (the file is M928366.msp) if it's not already installed. The Setup Prerequisite Editor doesn't allow me to run .msp files. Is there a way I can call msiexec and then use m928e66.msp as a command line parameter?

Thanks! AL

ps- using Installshield 12

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 18:27

Do you know if it is possible to have a file as argument to the application? A program i want as prerequisite needs a file used when running in silent mode.
I haven't reid this, but if you include both files in the prerequisite and on the command line specify only the file name, maybe this could work.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 18:28

Doesn't that .msp come with an exe launcher? r maybe if you pack it as self extracting exe?

LrngToFly

LrngToFly
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 19:10

Okay, I'll look into what it takes to do a self expanding exe.

Funnily enough, my application is compiled against .Net 1.1, but my app also needs SQL Server 2005- and that requires .Net 2.0. My app is exhibiting problems unless it has .Net 1.1 SP1 AND that hotfix- so I'm having Installshield do .Net 2.0 automatically and then I've created 3 pre-reqs for .Net 1.1, .Net 1.1 SP1 and .Net 1.1 SP1 Hotfix. Ugh. Everything is working except for the hotfix.

I tried this (it didn't work- now I'll try your advice): renamed the .msp file to .msi, created the .prq file, renamed the .msi back to .msp and edited the .prq in a text editor to .msp. Didn't work- creating the kit didn't complain, neither did the install on a clean machine- but the hotfix didn't get installed.

If only Installshield wasn't so short sighted and allowed installation of more than one version of .Net... Thanks again, I'll report back what I get working! AL

LrngToFly

LrngToFly
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 19:21

Yup- you're right- the .msp file originally came as NDP1.1sp1-KB928366-X86.exe and if I call that with a /Q, it runs just fine. Thanks again! AL