This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

installshield and SP2

3 replies to this topic

blazer380

blazer380
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:52

I am having trouble installing lots of different programs that use installshield after upgrading windows XP to SP2.

The install starts fine, but at the end where it sais: Publishing Information,
it stops the install and said that it could not install because it was interrupted. This is a HUGE problem that thouthands of people are having and noone seems to have the solution. Whats going on here?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:10

That looks like a problem of Windows Installer itself, not of InstallShield. Cna you generate a log file of the installation to see what's wrong?
Are all of these thousands of computers configured in thesame way? Do you have anti-virus software running on them? Are you logged on as Administrator?

blazer380

blazer380
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 20:55

How do i generate a log file.

As for anything running, I have started XP with all programs closed, no anti-virus, all non-essential services stopped, and still same problem.

And I am logged in as Administrator.

The only thing all the people have in common is that the installer is using InstallShield and the operating system is XP SP2. Everyone reports that uninstalling SP2 solves the problem. I am not planning on uninstalling SP2. There has to be another way around this.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 09:00

Generating a log:
http://www.msifaq.com/a/1022.htm