This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Changing Default Install DIR

2 replies to this topic

HondaAP1

HondaAP1
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 19:38

hi there....i have this problem with my computer and the installshield....the problem is...when i formatted my friend partitioned the drive... C: and D: ......he made the D: the smaller one with windows installed on it..and C: is the big partition...but whenever i install games that doesnt let me choose my install directory it automatically goes to D: and my D: doesnt have the space to support shit.....so i was wondering if theres anything i can do to change the install DIR

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 04:38

The installation directory is normally changed from the "Custom" setup dialog. Some games use a different user interface type than "business style setups" with a minimal GUI to get people playing the game fast. If you do see regular dialogs in your setup go to the custom dialog and change the installdir there. If you don't see any place in the setup where you can change the location you should still be able to do it using a batch file and a resonse file, or a command line switch for the setup.exe. What game is in question here?

Edited by Glytzhkof, 06 August 2004 - 04:38.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

HondaAP1

HondaAP1
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 11:11

the game is doom3...also the warhammer 40k open beta as well...honestly i dont even know how to change any of that stuff...anywhere i can look for instructions how to? or can you tell me? =]