This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conflict between soap_core and msxml4

4 replies to this topic

grahamm

grahamm
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 October 2001 - 16:14

I'm getting a build error from ISD7 when I try to include the Soap core and XML4 merge modules.

Has anyone tried and succeeded with this? The error message I'm getting is rather vague and doesn't give me any ideas for something to check.

I can build a release fine with one or the other but not both. I can recreate the problem simply by creating a new project, adding a single file to a single feature and adding the two merge modules.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Excerpt from build log...

Merging modules...
Merging MSXML 4.0: C:\...\msxml4.msm
Merging SOAP SDK Files: C:\...\soap_core.msm
   ** Fatal Error: Error merging SOAP SDK Files with module ID C:\...\soap_core.msm
Cheers
Graham

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 October 2001 - 17:47

Have you tried 7.01? I think there were known problems in 7.00 with the soap modules.

grahamm

grahamm
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 October 2001 - 18:19

Has this been officially released? I heard it's coming soon so I decided to wait for the release rather than confusing things even more by installing beta software!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 October 2001 - 21:30

Only the German Edition of 7.01 has been released, but the English should become available very soon, maybe today.

grahamm

grahamm
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 November 2001 - 12:16

Just got hold of 7.01 and tried the same test again. And it worked fine...

I don't know what was wrong, but it isn't any more!