This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Upgrade Issue

4 replies to this topic

TAL

TAL
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 June 2001 - 14:35

Hi Everyone,

I have to upgrade my installation. and i've tried to look in the help files, but i can not find what i need.
The reason the i need to upgrade is due to adding new files to the msi. i've tried the REINSTALL=ALL, and the REINSTALLMODE=(several values), but it only replace exisiting, or missing files from the prev msi, meaning it is only doing repair.
So i guess i have to upgrade it. i've changes the ProductVersion, and the ProductCode, but i would like to know  the following -

1. do i have to use the upgrade table?
2. do i have to create a new control with an Upgrade button?
3. can you recommand on an easier/faster way?

4. besides the product id, and the product version, what changes do i have to make?

Sorry for all the questions, i hope that someone would answer/explain.

Thank u in advance...\

(Edited by TAL at 3:40 pm on June 11, 2001)

Irina

Irina
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 June 2001 - 13:45

Hi,
I have the same question. But I need to do minor upgrade without changing ProductCode.
How can I do that?

Thanks,

cmyanko

cmyanko
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 June 2001 - 14:20

TAL,

Have you tried setting the REINSTALLMODE to 'amusv'? I think the 'v' is key since it will use the source package and re-cache the local package.

It is possible that you will have to do this from the command line but I'm not sure yet.

Paul Anderson

Paul Anderson
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2001 - 15:29

Hi,
I had to do something similar recently.

Enter a new row in the upgrade Table, containing the Upgrade Code (which should be common between both versions of the upgrade).

In the Action Property add : OLDAPPFOUND
In the Property Manager Editor add a new entry:
Name : SecureCustomProperties
Value : OLDAPPFOUND

When your installation runs, The Find Related Product action will add a delimited string to the 'OLDAPPFOUND' public variable of all of the components to be upgraded. These will then be removed by the 'RemoveOldVersions' action (which although inefficient I prefer to move to the start of the sequence).

hope this helps!

Peter Bi

Peter Bi
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 October 2001 - 23:39

Paul,

I tried the same method, but failed. Can you give more details on the inputs to upgrade table? The problem I found is that I had more than one version of the product installed on my machine.