This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to control whole installation UIs language

3 replies to this topic

gfred

gfred
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:00

Hi,

I need to make an installation, end user hope remove the
language selection Step, they hope the installation automatically select the language base on the System Locale settings on their computer.

When the installation launch, it will detect the machine's System locale,
then use the System locale setting as language for all installation
UIs (also the first UI installWelcome),

I read the Help topic: "How InstallShield Determines Which Language the
Installation Runs In" and get some information about InstallShield Determine language order:

3. The user default language of the target system
4. The system default language of the target system
5. The system default UI language of the target system
6. The default language for the installation, which you can set in the Setup Languages panel of the

As the help say, InstallShield will first to match user default language(User locale), then system default language(System Locale), So Is any way How I can let InstallShield to match System Locale before User locale ?

Edited by gfred, 26 March 2013 - 09:36.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 17:04

No, Installshield can't do this. (BTW: why would you want to run the setup in a language that's different from what the user has selcted as his Windows language?)

As a workaround: you could write a launcher exe yourself which would determine the language and then launch InstallShield's setup.exe with the /L parameter to specify the language.

ANo

ANo
  • Full Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 16:40

Hello gfred,

we use a little IS-Script in our Basic-Windows Installer-Setups.

We are looking for the property "ProductLanguage".

If it is 1031, the setup install language is German. In each other cases it is English.

This works, if the installation is started with Setup.exe (without language selection).

If the user starts the installation wit the msi-package, the language is allways English.

Regards

ANo

Johannes John

Johannes John
  • Full Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:44

Hello,

I'm using IS 2012Spring and IS 2013 on W7.

And I've got the impression, that both setup.exe ignore the user language, which I've set at

Region and Language

Keyboards and Languages

Choose a Display Language

I would appreciate, that all exe know this sheet "How an Installation Determines Which Language to Use for the User Interface" and would work in this way.

Regards

Johannes