This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Upgrading from 6.31 to 7.0

1 reply to this topic

phil_cooling

phil_cooling
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 12:36

I've just got InstallShield 7.0 to upgrade my existing set of installation scripts written in 6.31. Has anyone has experienced any problems with performing the sort of migration or has any hints or tips for me? I know Installshield say:
We guarantee that your 6.x project will seamlessly migrate. And if it doesn't, we'll fix it at no cost.
but I'd rather avoid any pitfalls and not have to get them involved. Also, I created some customised dialogs in 6.31 - will they work in 7.0 (I'm not using Skin mode) or will I have to re-do them?

Thanks for your time
Phil Cooling

prozacrefugee

prozacrefugee
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 23:53

We did have a situation - 7.0 is actually at 7.0.1. If you plan on installing the service pack / hotfix (you probably will) you need to migrate directly from 6.3 to 7.0.1 or you will corrupt your projects. Found this out the hard way, and IS didn't publicize it at all (tech support knew tho).

Things that might help:
1) Install all available updates BEFORE you open any projects
2) Always keep the original project stored somewhere easy to find - if they have the same sort of problem in a few months you won't have to redo it, instead you can just reconvert the original.

Hope this helps!