This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

DOS windows stays up

3 replies to this topic

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 15:15

During installtion the script creates a batch program on the fly to execute a second batch program.  It does this so the correct path can be called.
I do use the CALL command to return to the original batch program.  Also I am sure it comes to the end of that program.  However, on Win98 OS the DOS window sticks aroound.  Win 2k, WinNT, Win2kServer, WinXP the DOS window goes away.  I've tried adding END, QUIT, and EXIT commands and also making sure both batch programs end with an ECHO OFF command.
Anyone know how to dismiss this darn window?
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 16:20

This is not an answer, just an update.

I created a small installer to just install 2 batch files and a shortcut.  The shortcut runs one batch file which calls the second batch.

On reboot the first batch file is run twice and both DOS windows stick around. :angry:
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 18:54

add
@cls
as last line of your bat file

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 July 2002 - 20:12

Worked perfectly.

Thank you