This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Silent Install

2 replies to this topic

thomas.frietsch

thomas.frietsch
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 09:38

I've created a setup package, which I also want to install silently. However, the package is always installed for the launching user. So no menu shortcuts appear for other users as well as other admin users cannot uninstall it.

There seems a bug in the PROPERTY initialization in silent mode since the ApplicationUsers property is set to AllUsers per default. This works well in interactive install mode but fails in silent mode.

Is there anything I can do to fix or workaround the problem?

thomas.frietsch

thomas.frietsch
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 11:13

I've solved the problem meanwhile.

Make sure to start the msiexec.exe with /q to do a silent installation. I specified /qn which also does a silent install but obviously (and undocumented) installs the app for the launching user, even if the ApplicationUsers property is set to AllUsers!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 20:51

I believe the AplicationUsers property is only used on dialogs (so it's ignored in silent install). Instead set the ALLUSERS property.