This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

GetObject() in IS7 ??

2 replies to this topic

ragi

ragi
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 09:43

In IS6 there was the nice function GetObject. I used it to include my own objects with my own procedures into the project, e.g.

set obj=GetObject("MyObject");
if !IsEmpty(obj) then
   obj.MyProcedure ....

I didn't find a similar function in IS7. What can I do ?

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 22:39

Greetings,

There is a zip file located:

http://www.installsite.org/files/GetObject.zip

The description says that it should work with IS7, although I haven't looked into it yet.

Good Luck

Kurt Schneider

ragi

ragi
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 January 2002 - 16:11

Thanks for the info, but that's not what I'm looking for.

In IS6 I used the IS-Object functionality to write my own objects with my own functions. Then, I included these objects (IDE: "Insert Installshield-Object...." ) into any IS project to use the functionality of these objects.

Now, when upgrading these projects (which contain my IS-Objects), this functionality is (???) no longer supported and my objects are not "transferred" into the upgraded project.

If this is no longer supported in IS7, I'm looking for a substitute for my old objects. Perhaps I can convert them to a merge module an call these functions over a CustomerAction... I'm still checking this, but this might by the only possible way.

Does anybody have any experiences with upgrading IS6-objects (with several functions included) to IS7?