This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install condition woes

6 replies to this topic

Tony

Tony
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2001 - 02:25

Hi,
I'm having a few troubles getting this what would seem to be simple install condition working...I would only like to run the setup on Win9x / Nt4(sp6) / Win2k (sp1).  Here is the condition string I am using:

Version9X OR (VersionNT=400 And ServicePackLevel>=6) Or (VersionNT=500 And ServicePackLevel>=1)

The only other conditon i have is AdminUser

Thanks
Tony

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 February 2001 - 08:23

The only obvious problem with your condition is that it won't install on post-Win2000 operating systems, like Windows XP (aka Whistler). But that may be intentional. What is your problem?

Tony

Tony
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2001 - 20:50

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that i get a build error: ** Error -3016: Error building LaunchCondition table , and so none of the conditions take effect.

Davin

Davin
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2001 - 21:47

Hi, Tony.
Have you tried compiling it without the second condition of AdminUser?
How about concatenating the AdminUser condition onto the end of first condition?
Just some ideas. I think I saw this myself once.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 February 2001 - 08:02

Did you provide a text for the error message in case the condition is not met? For all languages in your project? Error -3016 can happen if for any language the error text is empty.

r_jayaraman

r_jayaraman
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:13

Hi,
I am using Installshield developer 8. Somehow my launch conditions do not seem to make any difference. The MSI does not pop up any error and the installation just goes through. I am trying to block installation for OS'es other than 9x. So i have put my condition as Version9X. This does not seem to make any difference.
Any clues?
Regards,
Ram

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 19:37

You could open the generated .msi file with Orca to verify the LaunchCondition tabel entry.
Also make sure that the LaunchConditions action is in both the UI and Execute sequences and doesn#t have a condition.
Then you can generate a log to see what's going on.