This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

String not being resolved in dialog

4 replies to this topic

installer96

installer96
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 22:19

I have a string associate with a radio button on a dialog. I selected the string via the dialog. Instead of displaying the value of the string, it is displaying the name of the string (##IDS_SQLLOGIN_WINDOWS##). The string for the other radio button in the same radio group is resolved fine. This worked previously, it only stopped working after upgrading from IS 2014 to IS 2016.

Edited by installer96, 11 December 2017 - 22:21.

deramor

deramor
  • Full Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 22:29

I would check to make sure that string value still exists in the string table.  I have an IS2016 project that was not an upgrade.  It doesn't have that value.  It has: IDS_SQLLOGIN_WIN with a value of "&Windows authentication credentials of current user"

installer96

installer96
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 22:34

I created IDS_SQLLOGIN_WINDOWS because I was having the same issue with IDS_SQLLOGIN_WIN, and I wanted to be sure that the string table wasn't somehow corrupted by the upgrade. Both strings exist in the string table.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 14:39

Does your project support multiple languages? If yes: does the problem happen in all of them? 

installer96

installer96
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 15:14

It only supports English.