This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Feature install level condition from property woes

1 reply to this topic

Anthony Hughes

Anthony Hughes
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 15:44

This is driving me nuts!

ISWI 2.01 - I have a feature that I only want installed if a radio button property is set to a certain value - basically I'm rolling my own Setup Type dialog....

The feature (default level = 200, INSTALLEVEL = 100) has a condition of

Level: 1             Condition:INSTALLTYPE < 3

I have a group of radio buttons built around the INSTALLTYPE property, which has a default of 1 in the property Manager

If I select the radio button which set's it to 3 (and the value is displayed on the next dialog as a debug check), the feature STILL gets installed.

However if I set the property to 3 on the command line whne I launch the MSI, then the 3rd radio button is then selected as expected, and the feature DOES NOT get installed.

From this I can only deduce that the feature conditions are evaluated before the UI sequence is run, which seems just plain wrong.

Anyone else have experience of this????

Cheers
Ant

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 16:09

Your deduction is correct. Feature conditions are evaluated during the CostFinalize action.