This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MsiSetProperty sets a property only temporary?

2 replies to this topic

vvasilev

vvasilev
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:44

Hi everyone,

I have a weird problem:

During the UI sequence I have a CA that runs an installscript function. This function sets a property value accourding to some conditions. I use the method MsiSetProperty to do that and right after that I check the property value with MsiGetProperty to make sure everything's fine - and it is OK.

Later on in the Execute sequence I get the CustomActionData property (using again a CA) and parse it in a list. Thus I can read several properties at once. Among these several properties that I parse is the one I set up in the UI sequence.
UNFORTUNATELY the property has its default value and NOT the one I already wrote with MsiSetProperty, although I checked it right after setting it up and it was OK unsure.gif

Any idea what's happening there?

Thanks in advance

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 13:55

Properties get reset in the Execute sequence. To make sure your value is passed on, list the property name in the SecureCustomProperties property.
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com

vvasilev

vvasilev
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 15:18

Thanks a lot, Kathy. Works fine now! smile.gif