This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

PLEASE REMOVE LQISDUtil.zip from InstallSite

3 replies to this topic

colby

colby
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 17:19

After uninstalling this tool, InstallShield Developer 7 must be completely uninstalled and re-installed!!!!

Evidently, the author did not desing the installation properly.  It installs the product application files directly to the IS Developer folders.  When it is uninstalled it removes key IS Developer files, thereby breaking IS Developer.  Running the IS Developer Repair install does not fix this.  The only way to fix it is to completly UNINSTALL IS Developer and then REINSTALL it.  This is very time consuming and a MAJOR pain in the rear!!

Furthermore, there are no install options for the installation package.  When you launch the installer, it does not give you any feature options, destination location options, etc.

Very bad.  

:(

colby

colby
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 November 2002 - 20:35

For those of you monitoring this thread,

I have now been unable to get IS Dev to re-install successfully for 3 business days.  This includes writting custom scripts to go through the registry and log all CLSIDs and ProgIDs associated with IS Dev that exist in the registry after uninstalling IS Dev and then MANUALLY removing them, then re-installing IS Dev using the full product install for 7.04 from InstallShield.

LQISDUtil seems to have screwed up the IS Script engine and I can't figure out how to get it fixed (so far, neither can InstallShield).  

Here are the symptoms:

When I attempt to load isdev.exe, the Windows Installer dialog "Preparing to install..." is displayed immediately followed by the following error dialog (which is also described in IS Knowledge Base article Q106756):

"Error Number: 0x80040706 Description: Object reference not set"

When I click 'ok', the dialog continuously reappears until I use the Windows Task Manager to kill the isdev.exe process.

The work-around described in article Q105756 does not work in this instance either.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 07:51

Sorry to hear that. (Please alert my at webmaster@installsite.org in such cases)
Did you contact the author of the tool: Luiz Quintela?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 09:15

I've contacted Luiz about this, and he says he installs things in a folder under Developer but does NOT replace any of it's files.
Also I haven't hear any similar complaint so far. Could this possibly be a problem that only affects your machine, or maybe isn't really caused by LQISDUtil? If you want to investigate this further: would you be able to create a log file of the uninstall to see what's really happening?