This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Upgrade removes registry entries

2 replies to this topic

jasonspriggs

jasonspriggs
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 17:43

Hi

Solve this... please!

I use InstallScript to create registry entries and delete them (and not IS7 registry explorer since there are other registry entries that I must remove that are only created while using the application) as follows :

FeatureName_Installing - RegDBCreateKeyEx and RegDBSetKeyValueEx

FeatureName_UnInstalled - RegDBDeleteKey

Now when I do a Major Upgrade (similar InstallScript in newer Version) the registry entries as per the newest version are created during installation and then deleted after I click "Finish". I suppose this is because I used FeatureName_UnInstalled and not FeatureName_UnInstalling. However the previous version is already in production so I need to get around this.

How do I stop these registry entries being deleted?

Please note I have the RemoveExistingProducts after InstallValidate and before InstallInitialize. (Have also tried it after InstallFinalize). Also note that if no previouse version is on the machine it works fine. Also if I Click repair after the major upgrade the registry entries are fixed.

Thanking you in advance.
Jason

Mike Snodgrass

Mike Snodgrass
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 14:55

If you haven't already solved this issue, it is a known issue with InstallShield Developer, when using InstallScript based installs.

http://support.insta...ticleid=q107649

Very annoying and causes many headaches....

danielxu22

danielxu22
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:05

Hi,

I followed your Resolution step to upgrade the InstallShield. Rebuild my setup project again and test the upgrade installation is still failed.

After I click Finish button, my copy files delete automatically. Why not?

I use InstallShield V7.04.

My project is emergency, please help me.

Thanks
Daniel