This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IS Pro 7 West Language Pack

2 replies to this topic

Scott Mayham

Scott Mayham
  • Full Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 22:39

Imagine my surprise.

I just installed the West Language Pack for IS Pro 7 on my machine, augmenting the already-installed IS Pro 7 (Service Pack and Hotfix already applied).

Then, following the directions in the Help file, I updated my existing product's installation project to support Spanish, German, and French, in addition to the already-supported English. I imported the translated String Tables. I built the Media with support for these languages, and for the language-selection dialog box at the beginning of the installation process (English is the default).

Everything works fine except two things:
(1) After selecting which language, the "please wait while the InstallShield Wizard prepares blah blah blah" status box ALWAYS appears in English, even if, for example, French was selected. In other words, it appears not to have been localized by the Language Pack.
(2) All the buttons (Next, Back, Cancel, etc.) in all of the dialog boxes appear in the selected language, EXCEPT the "Yes" and "No" buttons displayed by the AskYesNo function, which ALWAYS appear in English, even if some othe language was selected.

I've searched the forums on this site, as well as InstallShield's KB, but could find no reference to this problem, which leads me to conclude I may not be dealing with a bug, but with rather with how I localized my project. Can anyone out there shed some light on this subject for me?

Regards,

T. Scott Mayham
Senior Software Engineer - Innovations
678 319 8384
Scott.Mayham@Infor.com

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 10:40

I guess the language of the "preparing" message is based on the locale setting on your computer (because it has to work the same way if you don't display the language selection dialog).

As far as I know the AskYesNo dialog function is just a wrapper around the MessageBox API in Windows. And Windows always uses the system languague for the buttons on this dialog.

So you should not see eiother of these problems if you test your setup on a French version of Windows with locale set to France.

Scott Mayham

Scott Mayham
  • Full Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 17:42

Stefan,

Thanks. You're explanation makes sense. We'll see what more testing (with Locale-specific OSs) reveals.

Regards,
T. Scott Mayham
Senior Software Engineer - Innovations
678 319 8384
Scott.Mayham@Infor.com