This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Get free diskspace

6 replies to this topic

cyberdelic

cyberdelic
  • Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 11:48

Hi there,
it seems that IS 5.5 doesn't warn the user if he installs to a disk with unsufficient diskspace. Therefore I wanted to check the free diskspace with a script. Does anyone know how I can check for free diskspace ? The GetSystemInfo only returns the total amount of my harddisk.
Thank you

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 16:59

another option might be to use the OutofNoRbDispSpace property.  this property is set after the CostFinalize action.  this property will be set to true if the target of an installation has insufficient space...

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 17:00

finger foul up property name is: OutofNoRbDiskSpace NOT/NOT ...DispSpace, sorry

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 20:15

hambone's suggestion would work only with InstallShield Developer, but we're talking about Professional 5 here.

The function that cyberdelic is looking for is probably GetDiskSpaceEx

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 20:27

thanks stefan,  i wasn't aware that there was a GetDiskSpaceEx in Professional.  that seems like a more elegant solution!

the OutofNoRbDiskSpace property i was referring to is standard for msis and, as such, should be supported by all of the tools ?

cyberdelic

cyberdelic
  • Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 13:06

GetDiskspace and GetDiskspaceEx return the whole diskspace on my drive, not the remaining diskspace ! Does anyone know how I can check the remaining diskspace ? Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 14:48

hambone: Professional 5 is not MSI based

cyberdelic: it should return the free space