This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Returning to Sequence from InstallScript CA

1 reply to this topic

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 September 2001 - 20:23

I use an InstallScript function as a CA in my UI sequence to display several dialogs, some custom, to collect various values. I can design the navigation easy enough using labels and the GOTO statement, based on whether the user clicks on the BACK or NEXT buttons.

However, if the user clicks on the BACK button while in the first dialog in the CA, there doesn't seem to be any way to return to the previous dialog in the UI sequence. I've tried using RETURN BACK, but that doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob Rouse
Netuitive, Inc.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 September 2001 - 16:45

There's no way to move to a previous action in a sequence. The dialogs are in one action (all tied to the Welocme dialog using Back and Next buttons). Once your out of that dialog chain, you can't get back.

Maybe you should use InstallShield Developer 7 where ALL dialogs are displayed using InstallScript.