This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Samba and reporting available disk space

2 replies to this topic

yohann

yohann
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 19:10

Hi,
I have an ISD8 project that uses the SdCustomerInformation native to ISD8. I have some internal users that are complaining that the availiable space is not being reported correctly. If fact the free space is reported as 1 MB when 22 GB is free! Both myself and my unix administrator have confirmed this and now we are both curious if it is possiable to report the amount of disk space on a samba drive or is it a limitation between Windows and Samba?

I doubt if any end-users will have this issue but internally this would go a long way to preserving my sanity.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 21:41

I think that InstallShield calls a Windows API to get available space. So this may well be an issue between Windows and Samba.
Does Windows Explorer show the correct disk space for that drive?

yohann

yohann
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 21:56

No it doesn't, so that is why I think this is a SAMBA issue. However, when I right-click and view properties, disk usage is displayed correctly but Size on disk is not.... This must be a SAMBA/Windows issue. I just felt it sould be documented somewhere and here is a good as any. Thanks for you help.

Yohann