This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

let coexist 2 products name in the string table

5 replies to this topic

cooki

cooki
  • Full Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 16:57

I have a product with 2 builds, slighty different.
The problem is, in the 2 builds the product wears a different name.
So I want to know if you can make conditional definitions in the string table file, depending on the build you compile.

Thank you

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 15:28

Actually you would take a different approach to solve this problem and have two different media configurations.

The first being the default one for the standard product and the other being a new one for the secondary product by overriding the product name. This is accomplished under the media properties in the Advanced portion of the General tab.
user posted image

cooki

cooki
  • Full Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 17:33

I do have two media configurations.
The problem is, there are more strings than only PRODUCT_NAME which contain the name of the product, and using the media properties won't allow me to change all these strings.
Your solution could work if a string can refer to another string. That way, i could make all strings use the PRODUCT_NAME string. But I don't know if it's possible.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 16:08

Understand, but as far as I know, there's no easy or built-in way of accomplishing that then in IS6.

You'd have to do something like externally swap out the active string table prior to the build.
user posted image

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 16:54

If I recall correctly, %P is automatically replaced with the product name, at least on dialogs.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 14:25

Ah yes, that's correct Stefan--at least on InstallScript. Not sure if it will work in the string table, but certainly worth a try and let us know how it goes.
user posted image