This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallExecute Sequance

2 replies to this topic

Inabus

Inabus
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:54

All,
Is it possible to have custom dialogs in the InstallExecuteSequance, and if not is there a way to right dialogs in vbscript that can have images in them?

Or is there another way to right a sequance of dialogs with images that I havn't thought off?

Regards,
Paul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 13:49

While it might technically be possible, there shouldn't be dialogs in the InstallExecute sequence. Why can't you put your dialog in the InstallUISequence?

Inabus

Inabus
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 14:29

For the simple reason that my installation is going to be an advertised install, therefore I wanted my dialogs in the InstallExecuteSequance so that they are shown before the application is installed from the shortcut.

Basically what I have is a driver that MUST be installed under an administrator account and to get around this problem I will advertise the product through Radia. This means that when the product is installed by the shortcut it is installed as the system account Radia used to install the product and NOT the user account, which wouldnt work.

I am working in a locked down environment which is why Radia is used for deployment and why I wanted dialogs to do things like, "have you got the device available". If we put the dialogs in the UI sequance and do a full UI install through Radia you get a generic 709 error produced from Radia when the user clicks on Cancel at any point during the Ui.

The driver does a 2 part install, the first part is a caching to the driver cache, dont need the device for this, and the 2nd part is the actual install, which requires the device. Using DPINST and the merge module version all do the same behaviour and wont actually pre-install the drivers without the device so am assuming that the driver has been made to work this way.

Paul

Edited by Inabus, 15 October 2007 - 14:31.