This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

includes another setup.exe into installation

3 replies to this topic

towergee

towergee
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 15:37

hello, *

Now I encounter this question. I use installshiled Primer to make a installation program. All it need to do are copying some dll files to windows system directory which are self-registered, installing MySQL and MyODBC and executing a script for MySQL.

I choose installscript project and use LaunchAppAndWait to call the setup program of MySQL. I put the script in OnFirstUIAfter(). But after it finished copying dll files to system directory, the installation terminated when MySQL installation program was loaded.

I want to know that in my case what the most common way is to implement. If you can tell me which key words I need to use in google or simply give me a URL, that would be fine. smile.gif

Thank you in advance.

TowerGee

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 13:54

Which project type are you really using? "InstallScript" or "InstallScript MSI"?
How does the function fail? What's the return code/error code/error message etc.

towergee

towergee
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 04:03

Thanks Stefan Krueger. I am using InstallScript project. There is no funcation error. Now I want to run MySQLSetup.exe in my installation program by using LaunchAppAndWait with WAIT flag. My intallation program continues to run regardless of the running of MySQLSetup.exe. What I want to implement is that after the termination of MySQLSetup.exe process, my installation program can go ahead, otherwise, it is blocked.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:30

I guess that MySQLSetup.exe is simply a launcher that starts the real MySQL installer and terminates immediately. Maybe it has a command line option that will keep the launcher alive until the setup is finished. Some InstallShield setups use the /SMS (must be upper case) parameter for this purpose.
Otherwise you would have to add a loop after LaunchAppAndWait that checks to see if the MySQL installation is complete (e.g. looking for some file or registry entry, or waiting for a window handle to disappear, or whatever...)