This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Newbie question - Silent Install

4 replies to this topic

smkamene

smkamene
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 16:16

Hello guys/girls. I am relatevly new to IS 7.04. I've been using it with AdminStudio 3.5 to repackage some of our legacy apps. I would like to change install mode of one of this apps to be silent. Basically the user double clicks on the filename.msi and it insalls itself. I do want to see the progress bar. I tried searching the forum, but did not find what i needed. Could somebody give me a few pointers on how to do this.

Thanks

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 16:40

hi there,

if you use a command line you can use the /q switch with a request for basic ( /qb ), reduced ( /qr ), or no ( /qn ) interface.  i have found, however, that some cots msis install with different settings based on the interface level chosen ( /qb or /qr ).  otherwise a full interface is used.

in the msi itself you can use the UILevel property.  this is set using the MSISetInternalUI fn. again with either none, reduced, basic, or full options...

smkamene

smkamene
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 20:37

Thank you for your response. Where do i find this option? is it in one of the tables, or somewhere else. Sorry if it might be a stupid question, i am just a beginner.

Thanks

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 13:41

no worries, the function can be called from a custom action that you include in your msi.  

there is also a MSISetExternalUI fn.

in the v2 platform sdk help they provide a rather good code sample ( it is about four pages and well commented ) that you might want to take a gander at...

smkamene

smkamene
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 02:59

Thank you for being patient with me :). If i open Developer 7.04, where do i go to change the mode of MSISetExternalUI. I read SDK a little about different modes i can set my msi to, but i can't find it in Developer hehe :).

Thank you again for your help.