This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Support Files - Language specific

3 replies to this topic

Christoph

Christoph
  • Full Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 20:53

All,

I have an English(no extra languages included, just the default project) Basic MSI project.
I have some files within the language independent support files.

However, since yesterday I encountered that, for installing SQLExpress2005(where I use a SQLServ.ini file for to trigger the installation), I need language specific SQLServ.ini files.

My question: what do I need to do to be able to put the translated SQLServ.ini(for English, French, Italian, Spanish, German and Russian) within the language specific support files folders?

I have enabled these language within the project - settings - language tab, so I get the language specific support files folders. However, when I test the project on a german OS, I still get the english SQLserv.ini file.

Can someone explain me how the extraction of the language specific support files work?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Christoph

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 17:36

Is your setup running with German UI in this case? Or are you still runing the English setup on a German OS?

Christoph

Christoph
  • Full Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:56

I want only to support an English UI for the setup.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 15:54

I believe that the language specific support files are filtered based on the setup's UI language.

If you need to install files based on the OS language you can place them in separate components are condition tham using the SystemLanguageId property.