This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

HowTo create single self-extracted MSI?

4 replies to this topic

mosg

mosg
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:08

Hello everyone!

Question: I had create a Basic InstallShield Project with MSVC2010, added some files and primary outputs and press build. Project compiled normally: there was created MSI, setup.exe, setup.ini and (WTF?!) local directory structure of files, which I'm trying to install (for example, "Program Files\My Company\app.exe, ..." files was copied there). I throught that this is not needed folder, so copied my setup files (MSI, setup.exe, setup.ini) to another folder and start installation. When process of installation come on to copy state, installer gave me the error, that no required files (app.exe,...) was found.

Does anybody solve this problem? I think this is the simple one.

Thanks!
/* May all your PUSHs be POPed */

mosg

mosg
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:01

QUOTE (mosg @ 2011-05-16 11:08)
Hello everyone!

Question: I had create a Basic InstallShield Project with MSVC2010, added some files and primary outputs and press build. Project compiled normally: there was created MSI, setup.exe, setup.ini and (WTF?!) local directory structure of files, which I'm trying to install (for example, "Program Files\My Company\app.exe, ..." files was copied there). I throught that this is not needed folder, so copied my setup files (MSI, setup.exe, setup.ini) to another folder and start installation. When process of installation come on to copy state, installer gave me the error, that no required files (app.exe,...) was found.

Does anybody solve this problem? I think this is the simple one.

Thanks!

mosg

mosg
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 15:24

Hello again.

And I have another question: now I can build self-extracted EXE release installer (with the technic mentioned above), but how to create MSI extention?

PS. I need MSI, to perform multiply installation with AD.

Thank you!

mosg

mosg
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 15:44

QUOTE (mosg @ 2011-05-17 17:24)
Hello again.

And I have another question: now I can build self-extracted EXE release installer (with the technic mentioned above), but how to create MSI extention?

PS. I need MSI, to perform multiply installation with AD.

Thank you!

Don't wasts your time. I have found solution by myself. In your InstallShield Basic Project in "Releases" section, click on "Setup.exe" tab, and in "Setup Laucher" select NO. Thats it! Now your release will be converted to MSI file automatically.

Attached Images

• 123.png

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 18:35

Yes, you should play with the various combinations of:
Release type (web or network)
Compressed