This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

error when running modify

2 replies to this topic

BillK

BillK
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 21:05

General Info:  ISD 7.03 and a standard setup.

Here is my situation
My application is already installed on the machine.  I use setup.exe from my package to run in maintenance mode.  I select modify, make my selections and everything is great and it works fine.
 Now, if I put my install package in a directory on the cd, different behavior occurs.  I can get to maintenance mode and select modify, but right before it is about to copy files, an error message stating:

'setup could ot find a file on the specified path or disk.  Please check that the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path.  Unable to locate e:\esoft\e.soft 2.5.msi.'

If you hit retry you get a message

'Error 1706 No valid source could be found for product.  Windows installer cannot continue'

Then the install fails.  The file that it reports it cannot find is in the place that it states it should be.

What gives

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 11:30

Moving post to the proper forum

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 11:34

Did you change the volume label of the CD in between? MSI verifes the volume label when installing from removable media.