This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Openning an external file in a 3rd party program

1 reply to this topic

BBrownlee

BBrownlee
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 05:34

Hello,

I'm currently attempting to open a PDF file from inside my IS script. Essentially, I want to open a PDF file in Acrobat (or whatever the user's PDF viewer may be) during the very beginning of my install. Also, hoping to make the new document that is openning the active window.

Or better yet, does IS 6.3 have the ability to display PDF files in a built in dialogue that I don't know about?

Thanks for any and all help!
Brandon

PS: My boss asked for this, I have tried to explain the downfalls and get him to do a few different things (sdShowInfoList for instance, in text) but he is very set on the PDF idea.

EberhardH

EberhardH
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 July 2002 - 07:16

Hi,

no, IS has no built-in ability to show PDF files.

To make the opening Acrobat (or whatever) window the active one, give it the focus. There should be some details here on installsite.org, have a look at Enable Setup to take Focus.
Get the window's handle (using Spy.exe from Visual Studio, e.g.) and send this window a signal.

By the way, if the text to be shown consists of text only and is a rather brief one: there's no sense in using a PDF then.

Eberhard