This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install Shield Licence Key Problem

3 replies to this topic

moxi

moxi
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 14:25

Hi,

did any body did installshield MSI in Wise Package Studio.Here i am facing some problem like in installation its asking for License no. I given manually that step i have to include in the package. can any body help it out. Plz its very urgent.

Thanks& Regards,
moxi

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 22:03

Can you please explain what you are trying to do? I don't understand your question. Are you trying to install InstallShield? Or using Wise to repackage a setup that was created with InstallShield?

moxi

moxi
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 11:42

Hi,

I am capturing the InstallShield DevStudio 9 through Wise Package Studio 5.0. After that I installed my MSI in the clean system. If i launch the shortcut. Its asking for the License Key to enter with a message box having two command buttons viz. change & close. When I click change & enter the License Key & then click OK, then message box disappears. But again If I launch the shortcut it is asking for the License Key.

Please suggest me how to proceed further.

Thanx,
MOXI cool.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 17:54

Did you contact InstallShield to find out if they have a MSI version of the DevStudio setup available?
I'm not sure which licensing mechanism DevStuio uses, but apparently your repackaging did miss something, or did get something wrong.