This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Only admin can open my application.

2 replies to this topic

Bineesh

Bineesh
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:42

Hello,
I am installing my application as Administrator. But after that only administrator can open the application. When standard users open the application the getting one error message for opening this application admin previlege required. I used to install my application in C:\ProgramFiles. While opening my application i am creating some logs in the installed folder. So it is not giving the write permission for the folder. How to give the write permission for the folder for all users. Anyone knows please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:04

Applications shouldn't write log files to the instalaltion folder. Normal users don't have write permissions there for security reasons.

If you cannot do the right thing (fix the application) you could - as a workaround - install a dummy log file with your setup and give everyone write permissions to that file.

Bineesh

Bineesh
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:41

Thank u for ur nice support..