This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to perform Component wise Uninstallation?

1 reply to this topic

pallab lahiri

pallab lahiri
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 05:46

how can uninstall some components of my product
leaving others intact .
Whenever I tried to launch uninstalltion Program it uninstalls all the components.
Is there any way to do it?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 07:48

You need to add Maintenance Mode to your setup.  Since you're asking about this you must be using a program block model then instead of event driven.  In which case, here are some steps that I was given and subsequently used to do just that:

"It is not hard to alter the program block to event driven; at least since you sound like you already have the file groups destinationed (components were where the destination was in 5.5) and I would assume it compiles.  So, all you really have to do is find the componentmovedata.  Everthing before this goes in onfirstuibefore and everything after goes in onfirstuiafter (basically).  Throw away the componentmovedata as it is done automatically after onfirstuibefore (and onmaintuibefore).  I'd make a copy of the script file before starting.  I bet then all your event functions get hit correctly.  (I hate to be a pesimist but I have never seen the program block work correctly in 6.x and only read about problems from this.) "

SOURCE: http://www.installsi...rum1....ic=1154

Hope it helps.