This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Calling a batchfile or similar

4 replies to this topic

BL

BL
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2001 - 14:05

Hi!

I've tried to make a custom action with WinInstall. I need to do the following; After the MSI package is done installing I want to call a KiXtart script (e.g. KiX32.EXE Script.KiX) to do some stuff in HKLM (so I hope that since it will be executed from and within the MSI package it will still have the proper rights to write to HKLM.

I've tried the example (http://seer.support....docs/234777.htm) to call a simple batchfile which can be found on the Veritas site to no avail, to call external stuff seems to be very poorly documented there!

Also, very important, I've got a working package at this time with the .MSI file, Program Files & Winnt directory. I want to be able to make a subdirectory to that structure (like KiX or similar) where I place KiX32.EXE and the script or scripts).

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!

AndrewWalker

AndrewWalker
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 March 2001 - 16:02

BL--

Is there a reason you're not setting the registry entries from within the MSI itself?  That is, is there a reason why you're going to a script/batch file/whatever to make registry changes?

Regardless, you should be able to create an IScript CA that calls LaunchAppAndWait(...) to launch your batch file.

BL

BL
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2001 - 16:07

Andrew!

Well, there is several reasons. One reason is to notify the user or so with information etc. alt. to make small changes in the files to name a few.

What is an 'IScript CA'?

SteveP

SteveP
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 April 2001 - 22:27

BL,

If you still need assistance on this, please send me an email.

Thanks