This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

disable cancel button during uninstall

9 replies to this topic

fzgny5

fzgny5
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 20:02

According to InstallShield, in a basic MSI project an uninstall will not properly rollback if the user cancels the uninstall after 'File Transfer'. In particular (in my case) it has deleted services but does not add them back in. In fact the services are left in some limbo state. Given this fact I wish to either hide or disable the Cancel button during an uninstall only. I have tried numerous variations of conditions and modifying the Control tables in the Direct Editor to no avail. No matter what I do, the Cancel button is only disabled during the final pass through (there are 3 passes - the first appears to just generate the script and the second two appear to modify the system). Any thoughts are appreciated.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 16:49

How are you disabling that button? What condition are you using?

installer_wow

installer_wow
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:24

Hi Stefan,

I am facing the same problem.
I don't want the user to cancel the uninstall once it has started.
I am using Wise for Windows Installer and can't find how to modify that dialog that appears when Remove is clicked from ARP.

How do I disable it???

Thanks in advance,
Akshay.

cooki

cooki
  • Full Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 12:02

To hide the Cancel Button, you can place a CA of type "MSI dll" in the execute sequence and put in it:
PMSIHANDLE hRecord = MsiCreateRecord(2);
MsiRecordSetInteger(hRecord,1,2);
MsiRecordSetInteger(hRecord,2,0);
MsiProcessMessage(hInstall,INSTALLMESSAGE_COMMONDATA,hrecord);

NeoTheOne

NeoTheOne
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 00:03

Hi

Just a suggestion, why not just use the /QB+! or /QB-! switch during the uninstall.
So now the user will get only a progress bar dialog and no cancel button.

Neo

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:12

Neo: I don't think that's possible when the uninstall is launched via the Remove button in ARP.

ManojAryan

ManojAryan
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:00

Hi all,

I am new member of this forum.... I have a doubt regarding the same topic.
I am working on Installscript MSI project. I wanted to disable Cancel button on progressbar dialog during installation n uninstallation. So i edited the STATUSEX Dialog n disabled cancel button. It served the purpose but the size of STATUSEX dialog gets bigger. I didnt understand how? Can anyone help me out here?

-Aryan

dtasanas

dtasanas
  • Full Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 17:58

i too am trying to disable the cancel button in the uninstall dialog. i was able to remove it during the install progress but the uninstall progress seems to be an automatic dialog generated by windows installer.

can someone tell me where to uninstall progress dialog is called from? if i knew that then i could interrupt with my own progress dialog.

by the way... i'm working in WIX but any solution would be helpful. i'll just translate it into WIX.
Don Tasanasanta[br]Configuration/Installation Eng

dtasanas

dtasanas
  • Full Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 00:20

QUOTE (NeoTheOne @ 2004-11-10 15:03)
Hi

Just a suggestion, why not just use the /QB+! or /QB-! switch during the uninstall.
So now the user will get only a progress bar dialog and no cancel button.

Neo

the /qb!+,- switch works when calliing uninstall with msiexec /i<GUID>

but that doesn't seem to be what ARP is using or at least its not using the UninstallString value found in the registry.
Don Tasanasanta[br]Configuration/Installation Eng

chenggj

chenggj
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:58

hi,Stefan,

I'm now in the same problem, so does this problem has been resolved?

If has been resolved, could you share the solution to me?

Thanks!