This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Mapped shared DLL replace

2 replies to this topic

agord

agord
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 17:29

I'd like install with my package some system DLLs (msvcrt.dll, atl.dll, etc.) statically linked with product DLLs. Since some product DLLs should be registered during install process, system DLLs must exist at the moment and match by version.

Could you provide me with some tips on how can i do that? The only scenario I see is quite complicated CA using conditional DLL moving under NT and WININIT.INI under 95.

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 February 2002 - 23:19

This is part of the reason for including the registration information in the building of the installation package.  That way, order of registration is irrelevant when the dlls are placed on the target system.

Can you set your components to extract at build, or manually add the appropriate registry values?

agord

agord
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 14:08

Thank you for reply!

Since custom DLLs setup registration information themselves (and i believe it is Right Thing), there is no way to follow your advise unfortunaly.

But I solved problem by combination of system DLLs signatures and ForceReboot action.