This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstallation of FIRST product fails to delete shortcuts

4 replies to this topic

suvidha

suvidha
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 January 2002 - 01:37

i have two INDEPENDENT installshield projects which install different products. These products get installed under one parent directory. eg: product A, product B, Company name = C.

Then, the directory structure looks like:
C - directory
|
|___product -A-directory
|         |
|         |___product A
|
|___product -B-directory
       |
       |___product B

Also, the files of both the products are the SAME...only difference is that the command line of product A is different than command line of product B.

If, installation sequence is
1. product A,
2. product B
then  if i try to unnstall product A ......it removes the files from folders but does NOT remve teh shortcuts!! i.e. after installing both products.... the FIRST UNINSTALL FAILS to remove the shortcuts!

Note:
1. The product code, packae code is different in teh two packages.
2. This is weird: After uninstalling first product i checked to see where the (left-over) shortcuts pointed to.....and they pointed to the FILES OF SECOND PRODUCT.  i.e. Readme shortcut of product A pointed to product B's Readme file (AFTER) uninstallation!!

suvidha

suvidha
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 January 2002 - 01:39

Please help

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 09 January 2002 - 09:44

Are the component guids unique between product A and B?

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 10 January 2002 - 14:16

Of course the component guids should be the same.   However since you are installing multiple instances I assume you have the isolated components table filled in.  This may give the installer enough information to identify a particular instance of the component when the shortcuts need to be uninstalled.

suvidha

suvidha
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 January 2002 - 01:04

what i finally ended up doing was:
creating a fresh installshield project for the second product ...instead of copy pasting teh project and then changing the GUIDs.
this worked...
but i have anther related problem ...please look at thread with subject  "Supporting multiple versions of product" under upgrades branch of this forum.
thanks a lot