This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

create a folder desktop shortcut is that possible

5 replies to this topic

elfenliedtopfan5

elfenliedtopfan5
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:29

i have a folder with my exe files and i need to place this on the desktop can this be done please need a reply asap

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 16:04

You need to out a folder with files on the Desktop? Or a folder with shortcuts? Or a shortcut to a folder?

elfenliedtopfan5

elfenliedtopfan5
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 17:34

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2012-03-16 16:04)
You need to out a folder with files on the Desktop? Or a folder with shortcuts? Or a shortcut to a folder?

i mean during install it will place one folder to the desktop i use visual basic to make my program and it needed all the files in one folder to run the setup so i need to place this folder to desktop during install of my software sorry for late reply and thank you for replying

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 14:44

Sorry, I still don't understand. You want to create a folder on the Desktop of the target computer. In this folder you want to copy the setup itself?

elfenliedtopfan5

elfenliedtopfan5
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 19:47

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2012-03-18 14:44)
Sorry, I still don't understand. You want to create a folder on the Desktop of the target computer. In this folder you want to copy the setup itself?

no what i want to do i have a setup where it will install files to the C drive of the targets computer what i want to be able to do i made a program that will install all the software in c drive with a push of a button but the setup as files it needs to run like msi and exe file so what i need to do is put that folder onto the desktop and have the setup files going to c drive so here

my setup for visual basic (desktop)

rest of the files to C:/ drive witch i know how to do and that is fine i just need
to add the folder for visual basic to the desktop wile it installs so when its finish installing my folder visual basic setup for example is on the clients desktop hope thats more clear if not i can add some images of what i want to do smile.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:20

I'm still not sure I understand correctly (hint: some punctuation in your zexz might help). But the Desktop is also just a folder, so if oyu need to install files or a folder to the desktop, you can use DesktopFolder (which si a predefined property) as destination.