This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Adding Japanese in my installer

4 replies to this topic

thierry

thierry
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 19:12

Hi everybody,

I am new as a installshield user, and I have to add japanese language in our installer (pretty big project).

I am using Installshield Pro 6.1.

Our installer uses StringTables.

what must I know to do this task ?

Does Installshield 6.1 supports japanese ?
Should I update to Installshield X ?

Thanks you very much for your help.

Thierry

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 13:02

I believe that Japanese was include in the East language pack for InstallShield 6. Since this version is no longer sold, upgrading to InstallShield X Premier might be your best best.

thierry

thierry
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 14:29

Hi Stefan,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
It's what I thought about.

I am downloading a demo version of X premier.

thierry

thierry

thierry
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 21:35

Because I have to use is6 for the japanese setup, I am wondering myself if it's possible to find the language pack ?

thierry

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 13:35

It is possible to purchase language packs for old versions, but it's a bit complicated: you have to order an upgrade to InstallShield X Premier (which includes the language you need), plus a downgrade language pack for version 6. Be sure to indicate the exact service pack level of 6 that you need in order to receive a matching language pack.
There will be an extra charge for the downgrade, and maybe not each reseller will be able or willing to perform this procedure. (If you wish you can order from InstallSite, please contact me by e-mail in this case)