This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Upgrade problem ..fatal error 1603

2 replies to this topic

Shekhar

Shekhar
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 17:11

Hi,
I am tying to implement the Major Upgrade using the Installscript MSI project using Installshield 10.5 professional. This is new package (version 5.0 ) i have developed. I need to upgrade the older versions of this product to latest one. (for ex version 4.0 to 5.0). Actually this older version was developed using Basic MSI project type and that too using Installshield package 9.0.

I have configured all the fields in Common and Advance tab. While Upgrade installation it Run like fresh installation and this is correct as per Installation help.
But while file copying starts I have encountered and Error saying Installshield engine on this machine is older than version required to run this setup. ( Please see the attachment). And then it shows the fatal error :1603 and aborted from the installation.

Actually I have included the ISScript1050.msi file in the build and it is executing it at the beginning of the setup. Still this error occurred ……… and I am not able to resolve it… if anyone knows the reason.. then please let me know.

Any help in this regard is very appreciable ..

Thanks & Regards,
Shekhar

Attached Images

• untitled1.jpg

Shekhar

Shekhar
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:31

This kind of problem has been reported as a Bug in IS 7.0. I guess this exists in 10.5 also... unsure.gif

please visit ....

http://www.installsi...n/bugs_isd7.htm

Please confirm if anyone face the same problem. it is very very critical for me..

Regards,
Shekhar

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:12

Could you give us the log file of this problematic major upgrade?