This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Silent Install failure

3 replies to this topic

vishwa

vishwa
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 21:31

We recently moved from IS 6.2 to IS 9, and we are in the process of solving problems created by this upgrade.

The biggest hurdle we are facing is that the silent installs no longer work with IS 9. As soon as I type
> setup.exe /s
the application exits. It does not even enter the OnBegin() function.

The non-silent installs work fine though.

Could someone please let me know what changes I should be making so that I can get the silent install running properly?

Many thanks,
Vishwa

vishwa

vishwa
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 21:43

I wish to add that I have been using an evaluation version of Installshield Dev studio 9.

When I run setup.exe, I get a messageb box saying "This setup was created with an EVALUATION VERSION of InstallShield DevStudio"

After that, if it's a silent install, then it exits.

I wonder if the silent install behavior is not allowed in evaluation versions.
Please confirm my doubts.

Vishwa

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 14:01

I'm not sure but it may be a side effect of the evaluation version. Are you using the InstallScript project type, or one of the MSI types? Did you generate a response file (.iss) using the /r option first and is it in the corect location?

vishwa

vishwa
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 20:11

The problem was NOT because of the evaluation version of IS9. The setup.iss that I have from IS6.2 was written manually, and maybe there were differences in the header requirements of the response file in 6.2 and IS 9. I did as you told - generated the response file by running the setup with /r. The silent install now works.

Thanks for your help!
Vishwa