This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Major Upgrade on Basic MSI Project

3 replies to this topic

PHYOE2004

PHYOE2004
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:33

Hi All,

I have MSI Basic Project to generate for my application and it generate msi setup file. According to user requirement, I have to change my setup file to automatically remove previous setup version and install new version.
I already define Major Upgrade and pointed to previous version but it keep on showing me "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel".

Pls help me how to configure it.

Thanks & Regards,
Phyoe

AlexLX

AlexLX
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:00

Hi,

Did you check if there is any entry present in "Upgrade" Table under "Direct Editor".
An entry for Major Upgrade will be present if you have created a Major Upgrade Item in Media->Upgrade->Upgrade Windows Installer Setup

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 20:07

If you see that error message this indicates that you didn't change the ProductCode.

PHYOE2004

PHYOE2004
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:48

Dear Stefan Krueger & AlexLX,

Thanks for your reply, your support is a lot helpful to me and it's working now.

Thanks a lot...

Phyoe